Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Everyone's a Winner

You’ll have to forgive me for being a little smug this morning. Arsenal’s win at the Bernabéu last night was not only against all odds, it was the first ever win by an English team on the hallowed Spanish turf (I use the word ‘English’ in the loosest sense of the word, considering the only Englishmen on the pitch were playing for Real Madrid). The best thing about it is that I lost money on the match (we had sweepstake in the office and I got the score wrong), but I’ve never been happier to part with my hard earned cash.

And I think I’ve hit on something here: if you’ve got a gambling problem or a hankering to part with your house, marriage, job and anything else you’ve ever cared about, always bet on your team to lose. So if they keep winning, you’ll be homeless and destitute, but with a big smile on your face. Logic saves the day again!

cookie-underline-large

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home