Thursday, March 23, 2006

Soul Searching

Somebody Googled the word 'anorexic' yesterday and ended up at my last post. This got me very worried, thinking "What if this person was looking for genuine help? What if they thought, by visiting my site, they would receive some kind of counselling or a cure for their serious yet largely overlooked condition?" But then I thought bollocks to it - not my problem.

You see, the internet is full of all kinds of pitfalls just like this. Not long ago, I searched for some 'beach wallpaper' for Marilisa's desktop and ended up with a woman, nowhere near a beach, doing something that was definitely not wallpapering. Since I first used the internet 10 years ago, things have got a whole lot better, but you've still got a pretty good chance of finding something wholly inappropriate - whatever you search for.

An interesting game to play (if you have no friends or life) is to enter seemingly innocent words into Google Image Search and see what kind of depravity you come up with. Entering the word 'horsey' produced this. I will not be held responsible when you have nightmares.

Technorati Tags: , ,

cookie-underline-large

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt - I feel your anguish. Someone came to my site a couple of weeks ago afdter Googling "Wanking makes you smell". They spent ages browsing the site.

The worst part? I was on page 35 of the results, so they'd gone through 34 pages of smelly wankers to find me...

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home