Thursday, April 27, 2006

End Of An Era

Well, here I am. Half an hour left of employment. It’s been a surreal sort of day – normally when you leave a company, things keep ticking along; the people you worked with will still be there, doing the same old things. Not so this time – everyone’s going. It’s been a bit like the last day of school before the summer holidays: no one can be bothered to do any work; all your old folders and books get chucked in the bin; people spend most of the day throwing screwed up bits of paper at each other and graffitiing the desks. So far I have:

1. Deleted 1500 emails
2. Won £50 on a 100-1 horse
3. Had a photo that looks like I’m receiving head from a man in a balaclava emailed to my mother. By my boss.

And that’s just about been the extent of my day. I now have two weeks off, then I start a normal 9 to 5 at an office I can cycle to. It’s going to be bliss.

cookie-underline-large

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for the future Matt, its been a pleasure working with you. God bless the goldfish bowl and all that sailed in her!!!!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Oh yeah, that reminds me - don't I get something for winning the fantasy football league? Oh well, you can all buy me a pint tonight.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm afraid the only filthy evidence I had to get rid of was a 3-year-old Weetabix at the bottom of my drawer...

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home