Tuesday, July 25, 2006

There's A Monster In All Of Us

I’m a mug for supermarket offers. The minute I walk in, trolley in tow, I make a beeline for the ends of the aisles, to see what bargains I can pick up (please don’t mistake this for the ‘reduced’ shelf. I’m not so tight that I’d buy a month-old artichoke for 6p). The supermarkets have clearly cottoned on to this, as the offers are getting more and more outlandish. Not too long ago, I came across a Buy 6, get 6 Free! offer on Müller Fruit Corners. “Fantastic!” I thought, and promptly bought 24. Of course, I hadn’t considered that I would need to eat 4 of my hastily-purchased novelty yoghurts every day just to keep on top of things. And of course, I hadn’t considered that I would forget about them until Wednesday, meaning I had to eat 8 a day to stop a yoghurt colony forming in my fridge. By Sunday I had Müller goodness leaking out of my eyes. But I never learn. I came across another offer recently that seemed too good to pass up: Buy one get one free! on 450g packets of Sugar Puffs. Now, that may not seem too bad until you consider that that’s almost a kilogram of Sugar Puffs. Do you know how much Sugar Puffs weigh? Nothing. They have to tie the packets to the shelves to stop them from floating off. I had just bought 8 million Sugar Puffs and two months later I’m still eating the bastards. It’s no wonder that fucker Honey Monster looks the way he does; I’m beginning to go a bit fuzzy around the edges myself. I bet you thought that was a man in a suit? No. William H. Monster was a normal child like you or I until he became addicted to the ‘Puffs. He went all yellow and furry; all the kids at school started calling him Honey and the rest is history. I don’t even like Sugar Puffs.

Damn you, Tesco! Damn yoooooooooooooooou!

cookie-underline-large

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Sugar Puffs are the work of the devil - if it tastes burnt and hasn't been on a barbecue, I ain't eating it. Main ingredients: sugar, puff, and dirt. Bleugh.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is getting silly, No nf girl and hardly any updates from you Matt, what should i do at work now?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

China - if Sugar Puffs are the work of the devil, then Chocolate Crunchy Nut Clusters are surely the work of angels. The delicate balance between good and evil cereal has been restored.

FF - think of my blogs as the silver stickers in a Panini football album. Rare, but ultimately more rewarding than the common and mundane.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I feel Cinnamon Grahams and Golden Nuggets are the zenith (apex?) of all cereals.

Not I feel strongly about them or anything, it's just that if I allow myself to eat them... I'd be writing a blog about my battle with obesity.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminded me of this blog!
http://explosm.net/comics/59/

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Matt, stop playing Xbox live and submit another blog

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i just say i found your blog after randomly searching on google, and u are possibly one of the most funny people i have ever seen, im now making it my duty to read your blogs, they make me happy :) write another one soon !

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home