Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Blog Entry, Another New Continent

Yes, I'm abroad again. My new employer has been kind enough to ship me off to the States for some much needed training, so for the next week I'm hotel bound in sweaty Seattle (not sweaty in the Florida sense - sweaty in the Thames Valley "it's a bit muggy and I've bloody overdone it with the clothing again" sense).

My flight was exciting for two reasons (let it be known that I'm actually terrified of flying) - firstly it was a Jumbo, and I've never been on one before. I still don't believe that anything of that size and weight can get off the ground, so I suspect that they just rolled some footage of clouds past my window for nine hours, and I'm actually now residing somewhere near Milton Keynes. Secondly, BA upgraded me to World Traveller Plus, which meant that I got my own seat, and didn't have to share it with 11 obese Americans and a wailing child. It was very cool.

Customs was interesting. I usually get nervous when I pass the guys with guns in an airport, but this was nothing in comparison to how jittery I felt when I passed the guy with the rubber gloves. And all he wanted to do was check my immigration card. Why the hell do you need rubber gloves to check an immigration card? I swear they do it to shit you up. I was then given my baggage, which was then taken back off me and thrown down a black hole, while I was thrown on a train. The announcer on the train then said "Everyone for zones A, B, C and N depart now. Those wanting connections to zone J should go via N then C. Those wanting connecions to A should go through N then C via B. Anyone looking vaugely confused or disorientated will be subjected to a rectal cavity search. Have a nice day." I looked at my ticket. Zone S. I frightenedly followed everyone else off the train. As luck would have it, my bag miraculously appeared from another hole in the floor and I escaped in a taxi.

So here I am in my hotel room (with wireless connection! Woohoo!). It's just about dinner time but my body says it's 3am. So I'm going to bed. Goodnight folks.

cookie-underline-large

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, fair play to you mate. Living it large in America on the new companies wallet, sounds good. Why did we not have those perks in the PMC

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home