Monday, June 05, 2006

Tis The Season To Get Married

I’ve got six weddings to attend this summer. Number one, last weekend, was a good way to start. The picturesque Lake Como, glorious Italian sunshine and not a word of English being spoken for miles around. I didn’t have to talk to any peculiar, aging relatives with eye-catching hairs growing in conspicuous places because I couldn’t understand a word they were saying. It was great. It didn’t help however when Marilisa caught the bouquet, and I was suddenly the centre of a lot of unsought attention. “In England, it means she has to get the drinks in,” I tried. No one looked convinced.

At Stanstead Airport on the way home, we saw Pete Docherty and some haggered bloke I can only imagine is in his band, queuing at passport control. Banned from Easyjet, so now they’re flying Ryanair. Rock n fuckin roll, losers.


cookie-underline-large

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Yes. I was actually marrying Brangelina. And a lovely wife he'll make me too

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i guess it takes time. you're not very blog-productive this days...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Yes, I'm going to blame that entirely on my new job. It's very hard to write now that I've actually got stuff to do.

I will try harder.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr C... I don't know four weeks away for VF and you become a jetsetter... do us a favour and change your picture back... Lookin too geeky mate - Mr F - VF

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home