Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Unthinkable Happens

Official notice was served today. I’m now teetering on the edge of the gaping abyss that is unemployment; my only hope is to take a running jump and catch the polyester trousers of the last person hanging in the Job Centre queue.

Searching for jobs is a very demoralising task. I’ve seen a number that take my fancy, but they either want 10 years experience in a skill that I’ve never heard of (like merkin adhesion) or they’re so ridiculously popular that the recruiting company has rigged a shredder to its fax machine, so the abundance of CVs are filed appropriately.

Having said that, I do have a couple of promising interviews. I just need to overcome the fear and hope my charisma shines through. Which means I’m doomed.

Technorati Tags: , ,

cookie-underline-large

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be a cliche, but I find picturing the interviewer naked helps. Unless it's a stunning 20-something blond that's doing the interviewing. In which case sporting an erection is unlikely to help much.

NF - Is 'bluffing it' yet another new cool activity that I've not heard of, but everyone is secretly doing? It sounds a little sordid.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Is that when you flash your desklight if you want people to join in?

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 'Bluffing it' sounds like a good office activity to boost morale within a team. How long do you think it will be before 'Bluffing It' websites are introduced and start sending out spam emails

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home