Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Week Goes Missing

The Take That reunion quickly descended into chaos

Don’t worry, I’m not dead. Technically. I’ve spent the last four days on a stag do in Magaluf, so I’m just coming to terms with reality again. Briefly, the highlights:

2hrs in: The transfer coach breaks down.

12hrs in: We are given enough free booze to kill a rhino. Anarchy ensues.

24hrs in: The stag gets food poisoning and spends the rest of the trip turning himself inside out.

36hrs in: I get lost and spend three hours walking aimlessly around the island.

48hrs in: I lose control of my legs and spend the next 12hrs lying on my face.

60hrs in: Honestly, I have no idea.

Magaluf’s lovely though. I expect.

cookie-underline-large

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all well and good, but did it live up to it's reputation as Shagaluf?

Went for a week when I was 21.

I think.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Magaluf, except a non-inconsiderable part of my name ?

7:14 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Mr A - I'm afraid I'm attached and unable to attest to that...

Anon - It's a rotting shithole of a holiday resort in the Mediterranean. But how does Magaluf fit into Anonymous? I can't quite see it myself.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

NF - It's fantasy island if it's your fantasy to be stabbed, robbed and left for dead in the gutter. No, seriously, it's quite nice. I recommend it.

PS I only know the guy with the tongue as 'Ackroyd'. I'd only met him that morning.

PPS See if you can guess which one is me

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. Anonymous is not my real name.
Are you the one on the left on the pic?

8:56 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Magguelone - I'm afraid I'm the one immitating a corpse. It's actually one of my better photos.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy shit !

we are both discovered.
Nevermind, Magguelone is ((un)fortunately) not my real name either, still linked to magaluf. it's such a mess.
By the way, nice to meet you.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Magguelone - It's nice to meet your alter ego too.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home